- Classification of service: covered under General Pest Control (or Additional Services if there is a cricket infestation)
- Crickets are attracted to lights which is usually the start of an infestation. Controlling outdoor lighting will help the situation.
- The use of high pressure sodium outdoor lighting sometimes helps because they are not as bright as mercury vapor lights.
- Crickets are considered more of a nuisance pest and do not cause a lot of damage but they can damage textiles if there is a problem.
- The best method of controlling crickets is keeping them from getting inside through open doors, unsealed doors and cracks.
- Regular perimeter pest control treatment also helps keep the population under control.
Images Property of:
Field Guide to Texas Insects,
Drees, B.M. and John Jackman,
Gulf Publishing Company,
Pest and Termite Service Areas in North Texas
Allen, Carrollton, Fairview, Farmersville, Forney, Frisco, Garland, Heath, Josephine, Lavon, McKinney, Mesquite, Murphy, North Dallas, Plano, Richardson, Rockwall, Rowlett, Sachse, Sunnyvale, Wylie, TX.